FAQ: OBO Foundry Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the OBO Foundry Principles?
- What is the OBO ID Policy?
- My ontology is not ready for OBO Foundry, can I reserve a prefix anyway?
- What’s the difference between an OBO Foundry ontology and an OBO format ontology?
- How do I add a custom browser for my ontology?
- Why is there no OBO-Format file listed for my ontology?
- How do I edit the metadata for my ontology?
- What are permissible values in the metadata file, e.g. for ‘publications’?
- What is the
buildobject in the ontology metadata?
- What does it mean for an ontology to be flagged as ‘inactive’, ‘orphaned’ or ‘obsolete’?
- What tools are there for creating, editing and working with OBO ontologies?
- How should I manage my ontology using version control?
- How do I convert between formats (e.g. OBO to OWL format)?
- How should I manage and curate my ontology throughout its lifecycle?
My question isn’t listed here
You can submit your question to our issue tracker!
Was this helpful? Please contact us if you have questions or something is not clear. File an issue on GitHub