Principle Review Process
This page describes the process for reviewing, updating, and creating OBO Foundry Principles.
- Discuss the principle on working group call
- Write up proposed revisions as a GitHub issue (not a pull request)
- Inform the Editorial WG via email that the ticket needs discussion (if it doesn’t happen automatically)
- Two-week commenting period on GitHub issue tracker
- Make any incremental improvements on the tracker
- When the Editorial WG agrees on a final version, discuss on an Operations Committee call or via the issue tracke
- Make a pull request
- Two-week commenting period on the pull request
- Upload final changes to OBO Foundry web site for public viewing.
The need for a new principle can arise when an existing principle tries to cover too much and requires splitting, or as new needs arise within the community.