The new site incorporates a number of improvements from the old legacy site:
- An improved ontology table
- A richer ontology registry that allows us to capture more information about each ontology
- A more modern underlying infrastructure (GitHub pages) that allow us to be more responsive ( here is the source ).
- The ability for ontology maintainers to edit their own metadata and submit pull requests
- Customizable ontology pages – see for example the page for the Human Phenotype Ontology
- Better integration with OntoBee and other ontology browsers
The old legacy site site will soon be decomissioned (mostly likely before Aug 24 2015, when google code becomes readonly).
In the interim time, ontology metadata will not be edited in the legacy system (ontologies.txt). Instead, ontology metadata can be edited on this site. Any edits made here will be preserved.
To follow progress, subscribe to this issue
For now, please try the site and provide feedback.